Monday 29 September 2008

Mucho Mas Que Medialunas

There is a little café on Calle Thames, right around the corner from my flat, I can't remeber the name but it is very firendly spot: simple, old fashioned and brown. It does however sell rather excellent brownies and they even once sold me some pitta bread though they don't even sell pitta breads! On it's sign outside it has a slogan which reads "Mucho mas que medialunas" literally translated as "Much more than half-moons!" Medialunas being croissants (they are shaped like half moons.)

It made me smile to myself one morning on my way to work and continues to do so each and every day. I decided it should be enshrined in music. I have thrown some tracks together (I say thrown but I mean strenuously constructed!) in some sort of topographical musical fashion. It is a short-ish mix of new music, old music and reinterpreted music collected from around the globe (I counted 11 countries, inlcuding the 'featured' ones.) Alongside croissants I was also inspired by Zizek's urban soundz. Thanks Zizek.

It is in RAR stylee, with a tracklist and a nice picture :) If you cannot open RAR you need to get with the times and pay a visit here:

WinRar

So here it is: 11 countires in 45 minutes, 15 tracks, 61MB, today, joy of internet, you, me, listen, enjoy.

Thanks

FILE NAME: Mucho Mas Que Medialunas.rar
FILE SIZE: ~61.32 megabytes


P.S> I am writing a blog post, like a real blog post, without croissants or hip-hop (almost...) It will arrive soon. Watch that space, or this one or space in general it might appear there.

No comments: